Yale Dedicates New Center, Plaza at The Bowl
CENTERBROOK, Conn. -- Members of the Kenney and Jensen families gathered on November 21, the day of The Game between Yale and Harvard, to help dedicate the new Kenney Center and Jensen Plaza that their generosity made possible. Yale Provost Peter Salovey assisted with the ribbon cutting.
The three-story Kenney Center creates a new formal entry for the Yale Bowl, a feature that has been missing since it was constructed in 1914, while establishing a celebration site for Yale sports in the heart of the university’s athletic campus. New team and training rooms provide the players a better place to meet at halftime, and an alumni reception room and green roof deck afford views of the field and tailgating venues outside. Leading to the Kenney Center, Jensen Plaza bears the names of all of the Yale “Y” recipients, carved in Mount Airy Granite, who have competed for the Bulldogs since the inaugural team in 1872. Centerbrook Architects designed the Center and Plaza.
Mark Simon, FAIA, who was the Centerbrook partner in charge, attended the dedication. Sue Wyeth, AIA, was the project manager, and the landscape architects were Stephen Stimson Associates.